Albany Medical College presents this course, designed to provide attendees with 2018 updates to increase the number of HIV tests performed regionally.
Tuesday, June 19, 2018 (8:30 a.m. - 1:15 p.m. EST)
Register here today!
By the end of the activity, you'll be able to:
- Review current trends in HIV & STI diagnoses in the eight counties of Western, NY.
- Discuss HIV testing opportunities based on surveillance data
- Provide a 2018 update regarding HIV testing policies in NYS & implications for the EMR
- Describe the current changes in the NYS HIV treatment access & prevention law & how the expansion of the law will help with achieving the goals set forth in the NYS Blueprint to End AIDS
- Explain the capabilities of currently available HIV screening and supplemental tests
- Describe the recommended laboratory algorithm for HIV diagnostic testing