We are able to provide in-person training at your organization, at one of our training sites, or on-line.
The program's goals are:
- Enhance dental and medical providers ability to manage and identify oral conditions and pathologies common among people with HIV and competently manage all aspects of oral health care
- Train health care providers to work inter-professionally to advance the best health outcomes for their HIV patients
- Didactic Presentations – We offer face-to-face and virtual training on HIV-related topics to individuals and groups at no cost. These interactive presentations are typically 60-90 minutes in length. Our faculty are experienced health professionals who actively work in the field. Topics include: Oral Manifestations of HIV, Importance of Oral Health in Primary Care, Oral Health and Substance Use Disorder, PrEP, PEP, and many more. Explore our course offerings and educational program/needs assessment.
- Preceptorship - We provide clinical training for dental professionals and primary care providers who are interested in expanding their skill set to care for people with HIV. Our trainings are interactive, hands-on and include individualized clinical shadowing opportunities at sites throughout our catchment area. (NECA AETC Oral Health Preceptorship Application)
- Clinical Consultation – We offer expert, timely responses to clinical questions related to HIV and its co-occurring oral health conditions. Contact Howard Lavigne, Program Director, (firstname.lastname@example.org) for questions.
- Animated Educational Video for People Living with HIV on the Importance of Oral Health. An educational video on the importance of oral health for people living with HIV. The video outlines common oral health issues as well as prevention measures that can be playing in patient waiting room or embedded into a primary care sites website.
- Howard Lavigne, Program Director (email@example.com / 315-247-2998)
- Laura O’Shea, Project Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org / 315-477-8124)
Explore our webinars:
Video Part 1: Head and Neck Exam for Healthcare Providers
Video Part 2: Identification of Oral Anatomical Structures Often Misdiagnosed as Pathology
Caries Risk Assessment
Common Oral Lesions & Dental Management in People Living with HIV
Oral Health Considerations for the Primary Care Team
Substance Use and Oral Health
COVID-19 Patient & Provider Considerations in Dental Practice
COVID-19 and Return to Work
Seeing is not Always Believing: Understanding and Interpreting Medical Tests and Results
Oral Health & COVID-19: Case Reports & Current Theories